Shark Werks GT3 & GT3RS Muffler Bypass System
Product Type: Exhaust
Application: 997 GT3 | 997 GT3RS | 2010+ 997 GT3 2010+ 997 GT3RS
The new Shark Werks GT3 (GT3RS) Muffler Bypass System which has been designed, developed and tested on the Shark Werks 2007 997 GT3RS (ZKERMIT), dramatically improves the sound of any 997 GT3 or GT3RS, including the 2010+ MkII models and the GT3RS 4.0 (click here for video). From day one, we felt the single biggest let-down with the car was that it was just too docile and quiet. This is in large part due to the strict sound-level restrictions in Europe and hence the factory deemed fit to equip these cars with a total of three mufflers! With our Muffler Bypass System we believe we have addressed that and not only uncorked the beast that is the GT3 motor but also reduced a real 16 pounds off of the rear end in the process. This has been achieved without sacrificing the drivability or diminishing the aesthetics.
"This system lets you stay smog legal and keep a stock muffler sound for regular driving, but the “sport” button makes the exhaust bypass the mufflers – and sound great!"
-Modified Luxury & Exotics, May 2008
"A SharkWerks exhaust completes the hard parts… the engine roars with a deeper tone than you’d expect from a relatively small engine."
-European Car, March 2009
"We are treated to a few drive-bys… The sound of this marvelous engine at full chat is blood-curdling, raw, deep but with a brutal edge."
-Total 911, September 2008
"SharkWerks exhaust bypass ...aurally, it takes the GT3 from Best Factory 911 Noise Ever to an otherworldly song."
-Excellence, April 2009
There is no noticeable additional cabin drone or resonance. With the Sport button and factory exhaust valves still in place you can drive with our system turned “on” for a more aggressive sound or “off” for daily driving with the flick of the factory sport button. Uncorking the car and listening to her head down the front straight of your favorite track at 8400rpms is something we highly recommend you do. Although we do not guarantee or make any crude horse power claims (let’s face it Porsche did a wonderful job already on this one) we can assure you that you have not likely heard a GT3 sound like this before. Each unit is individually hand-fabricated here in Northern California with high-grade 18-gauge T304 stainless steel.
* Optional black ceramic "Hot" coating is available, please specify when ordering if you would like the unit black instead of raw.
- Designed in-house and manufactured in Northern California
- Improved, more aggressive sporty sound (see videos below)
- Does not interfere with SMOG emissions and 50 state legal
- Factory headers, catalysts side mufflers and valves retained
- Direct bolt-on replacing factory center muffler
- Compatible with either the stock or aftermarket tips
- Fits the 997 GT3 or GT3RS
- Use your “sport” button to divert routing to switch from flowing through the side mufflers to a direct “bypassed” flow
- Use the non-sport mode to allow flow through the side mufflers for minimal additional interior noise and highway or daily driving.
- Real 16 pound weight savings (stock muffler weighs 20 pounds total) from the rear of the car (6 pounds savings over 2010+ titanium center section)
- 18 gauge T304 tungsten inert gas welded stainless steel
Shown by Brian Zuk: SharkWerks 2011 997 GT3RS:
Shown on SharkWerks 2011 997 GT3RS:
Shown on SharkWerks 2010 997 GT3:
Shown being raced on the track in Australia (thank you Aaron!) on a black/silver 2011 997 GT3RS:
Video of a Green RS with our system vs a stock Orange RS.
Promotional Video with Sound Clips of the exhaust in action!:
This product is also available for 2010 and newer model GT3s. View pictures of installation on the new GT3 model here.
Shown with optional 88mm tips (also available in raw stainless steel):
You may also be interested in:
You can see this product installed on cars in our project gallery:
Some of the products listed on this site are intended for off-road use only. Please read our important notice and disclaimer.