Shark Werks 991 GT3 / RS Bypass Exhaust
Product Type: Exhaust
Application: 991 GT3 / RS
The new Shark Werks 991 GT3/RS Sport Exhaust dramatically improves the sound of any 991 GT3 or GT3RS.
3-D CAD designed with optimal flow, fit, weight savings and sound enhancement, our system replaces the center muffler on any 991 GT3. By utilizing appropriately-sized diameter tubing and straightening out the flow we achieved our desired sound and minimized resonance. Our direct bolt-on exhaust installs into the factory location without any modification or compromise and is completely reversible.
Although we do not guarantee or make any crude horse power claims (let’s face it Porsche did a wonderful job already on this one) we can assure you that you have not likely heard a GT3 sound like this before. By retaining and re-using the stock side mufflers and valves you are also able to continue to use the factory "sport button" valve feature to open/close and send the exhaust gases through the sides for a similar to stock sound when you want to cruise and be akin to stock or then bypass the sides for a more exotic sound.
As with all previous Shark Werks exhausts this system is 50-state emissions compliant but also does not cause any check engine lights (MIL Codes) as it is designed to continue to operate with the factory catalyst and emissions equipment.
Designed and crafted in Northern California, the Shark Werks exhaust utilizes stainless- 18 gauge T304 tungsten inert gas welded stainless steel with mandrel bends and factory equivalent hardware.
* Optional black ceramic "Hot" coating is available for additional cost ($230), please specify when ordering if you would like the unit black instead of raw.
- Designed in-house and manufactured in Northern California
- Improved, more aggressive sporty sound (see videos below)
- Does not interfere with SMOG emissions and 50 state legal
- Factory headers, catalysts side mufflers and valves retained
- 3-D CAD designed factory fit direct bolt-on replacing factory side exhausts
- Direct bolt-on replacing factory center muffler
- Compatible with either the stock or aftermarket tips
- Use your “sport” button to divert routing to switch from flowing through the side mufflers to a direct “bypassed” flow
- Use the non-sport mode to allow flow through the side mufflers for minimal additional interior noise and highway or daily driving.
- Real 16 pound weight savings (stock muffler weighs 20 pounds total) from the rear of the car
- 18 gauge T304 tungsten inert gas welded stainless steel
For a more "racey" look optional 100mm tips (also available in raw stainless steel). Fits 991 GT3 and GT3RS models.
991 GT3 RS Independent Dyno*:
* Note : Shark Werks does not make claims or guarantees that this product increases horsepower, but independent dynos have consistently shown no decrease in horsepower or torque, and have shown small gains in both in the upper RPM ranges.
You may also be interested in:
You can see this product installed on cars in our project gallery:
Some of the products listed on this site are intended for off-road use only. Please read our important notice and disclaimer.