For 2010-2011 997.2 GT3, GT3 RS and 4.0 RS models with 3.8L Engine. (For 997 GT3 and RS (2007-2008) 3.6L cars click here)
Why would you want this? To put it lightly, a modern water-cooled Porsche engine has a plethora of rubber hoses that deteriorate and wear over time, so we always recommend replacing them when your engine is out for a major service if the vehicle is 10+ years old, or has significant mileage, track days, or heat cycles. When the rubber does eventually wear out, you may find a significant coolant leak, requiring another engine-out service for what could amount to a single rubber hose. We always replace every rubber hose in the engine when doing a major service on a vehicle of this age.
Note: For this product, we may not have the complete set ready to ship and delivery time could exceed 2-weeks depending on availability. We recommend planning ahead of time for this service. If ordered, we will update with a delivery estimate within 48-hours. Products received may include slightly different parts than what is shown but we will do our best to include every hose required.
This kit includes the 18 coolant hoses for the engine of the 997.2 GT3 / RS / 4.0 RS models that are accessible with the engine out (and most are difficult to replace later), as well as the o-rings you will want to replace when servicing the oil heat exchanger and tank, and removing various parts for the coolant repair job. There may be other hoses required depending on the options of the vehicle. This will not include all hoses for the vehicle inclusive.
We have been servicing these vehicles since they were first released to the market and have collected a list of common parts we recommend replacing at the time of an engine-out coolant service.
- 17 Porsche Original (new) molded Factory Coolant Hoses for the various connections inside the engine bay (engine supply, water transfer hoses, vent hoses, water pump outlet, heater hoses etc.)
- 25x O-rings for the various connections to water lines, fuel injection system, water jackets and heat exchangers.
See our recommended items from the drop-down box above, and the list below for other parts you should consider replacing at this time due to the age of the vehicle.
* - Photo may not be accurate to your model/year, but we will include the correct parts for the 997.2 GT3 and RS model.
- On 997/997.2 GT3 & RS models, we also reocommend replacing the plastic oil cooler tubes with our stainless steel pipes (GT3 version link) to ensure there are no failures later due to the weak construction of this original part.
- We also recommend inspecting and possibly replacing the Thermostat, Coolant Expansion Tank, Water Pump, Camshaft Position Sensors, and Spark Plugs while working on the coolant system.
- Check the condition of your engine mounts (we often replace worn ones with semi-solid RSS upgraded ones)