Note: This product fits only the 2010-2012 Turbo and Turbo S models.
The 2010+ 997.2 Twin Turbo and its DFI 3.8L engine produces plenty of power, however, for a $150,000 car, it could certainly use a kick in the pants as far as the exhaust note. Exotic it is not. In stock form, it is extremely quiet and vacuum-cleaner-like. This is where your friends at Shark Werks come in with our replacement exhaust system for all 2010-2012 997.2 Twin Turbo & Turbo S models.
Video Demonstration on 2011 Turbo S:
Fan / Customer video:
Made entirely of T304 0.065 stainless steel, mandrel bent to fit to the factory catalytic converters, our system not only unleashes a more sporty sound (you can hear those turbos spool) but it does so without drone or resonance inside the vehicle. You can continue to enjoy your Blue-Tooth phone conversations or PCM 3.0 iPod tunes without interference from the exhaust. Meanwhile, your 997.2 TT / S produces a deeper, throatier growl from the engine at the press of the gas pedal.
Our straight-through design improves upon the factory stock center muffler, which has no separation of exhaust gas pulses (as you can see from the hot spot in the middle of your factory unit if you examine it from outside). Our approach was to take the path of least resistance; to improve flow and reduce back pressure (all important for spool and power on a turbo car) by separating each of the banks with one exit for each side versus a more restrictive merge.
By retaining the factory cats, there are no check engine lights and the use of our exhaust should not affect the factory warranty or affect emissions equipment (therefore 50 state legal). Designed to work with factory or factory-style after market tips, installation is made easy by re-using the factory clamps and locations.
- More exotic tone under boost
- More aggressive sound at idle and audible turbo spool
- Deeper/Throatier exhaust note
- No interior drone/resonance @ freeway speeds
- Improved flow & reduced back pressure for quicker turbo spool
- Works with factory catalytic converters & emissions equipment
- 50 state emissions compliant
- Made in California, USA
- Smoother mandrel bent single piece tubes rather than welded sub sections for optimal flow
- Re-uses factory clamps
- Mounts to factory brackets/locations
- Re-uses factory exhaust tips (or aftermarket)
- Full DIY (do it yourself) step by step instructions provided
- 8 pound weight saving (19.2 pounds stock vs. 11.2 pounds)
Rear bracket mount attaches to OEM center muffler bracket using included stainless steel
fastener plates, washers and locking nuts.
Factory center muffler (top) compared to Shark Werks exhaust (bottom).
Note: If choosing Black Ceramic Coating option, allow 1-2 weeks additional time for processing. We generally see this as an aesthetic change and not a performance upgrade.
You can see this product installed on cars in our project gallery: