The 991 Turbo / S pumps out immense performance but in typical Porsche fashion the factory leaves a little bit on the table as far as a proper sports car sound is concerned. For a $150,000+ car, it could certainly use more of an exotic growl along with more of a turbo spool/whine that is customary with turbo cars of yesteryear. This is where your chums at Shark Werks come in with our replacement exhaust system for all 2014+ 991 and 991.2 Twin Turbo & Turbo S models.
Video Demonstration on 2014 Turbo S:
Made entirely of T304 0.065 stainless steel, mandrel bent to fit to the factory catalytic converters, our system not only unleashes a more sporty sound (you can hear those turbos spool) but it does so without drone or resonance inside the vehicle. You can continue to enjoy your Blue-Tooth phone conversations or iPod tunes without interference from the exhaust. Meanwhile, your 991 Turbo / S produces a deeper, throatier growl from the engine at the press of the gas pedal.
Our straight-through approach means the exhaust gases take the path of least resistance; to improve flow and reduce back pressure (all important for spool and power on a turbo car) by separating each of the banks with one exit for each side versus a more restrictive merge.
By retaining the factory cats, there are no check engine lights and the use of our exhaust should not affect the factory warranty or affect emissions equipment (therefore 50 state legal). Designed to work with factory or factory-style after market tips, installation is made easy by re-using the factory clamps and locations. Installed using rear bracket mount attaches to OEM center muffler bracket using included stainless steel
fastener plates, washers and locking nuts. Note: If choosing Black Ceramic Coating option, allow 1-2 weeks additional time for processing. We generally see this as an aesthetic change and not a performance upgrade.
- More exotic tone under boost
- More aggressive sound at idle and audible turbo spool
- Deeper/Throatier exhaust note
- No interior drone/resonance @ freeway speeds
- Improved flow & reduced back pressure for quicker turbo spool
- Works with factory catalytic converters & emissions equipment
- 50 state emissions compliant
- Manufactured by hand in California, USA
- Smoother mandrel bent single piece tubes rather than welded sub sections for optimal flow
- Re-uses factory clamps
- Mounts to factory brackets/locations
- Re-uses factory exhaust tips (or aftermarket)
- Full DIY (do it yourself) step by step instructions provided
- 10+ lbs weight saving off rear of vehicle
- Up to 30 HP increase, measured at the wheels on a dyno
Dyno shown on 991.2TT model (2017):
Maximum power gain of 29 HP, measured at the wheels, at 3700 RPM (faster turbo spool-up and freer flowing exhaust), and power gain of 12 HP, measured at the wheels, at 6800 RPM