RSS / Road Sport SupplyRoll Bar for 991 / 991.2 GT3 / RS
- 911 GT3 RS 4.0 - 997.2
- 911 GT3 RS - 991
- 911 GT3 RS - 997.2
- 911 GT3 - 991.2
- 911 GT3 - 991
- 911 GT3 RS - 991.2
- 911 GT2 RS - 991.2
The RSS 940-XC Series 4pt Roll Bar (991 GT3 / RS) is now available. Specify color above.
ONLY AVAILABLE IN USA - PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING
- The RSS 940-XC Series 4pt. Roll Bar features the “X-Cross” main hoop design providing superior occupant protection
- The XC’s one piece Main Hoop mounts to a reinforced chassis cross member at the B Pillar which runs the full width of the vehicle. Unlike other designs, the Main Hoop has a maximum of four bends featuring a Straight Top Tube Section forming a stronger more rigid main hoop.
- The 940-XC is a safety inspired design which mounts shoulder harnesses directly behind the occupants attaching at the main hoop horizontal bar. The main hoop mounting position greatly enhances safety by reducing the effects of “Harness Stretch.” Harness Stretch is a serious safety concern commonly overlooked with other designs.
What is Harness Stretch? Simply put, safety harness-belts allow a certain percentage of stretch during a rapid deceleration event, the longer the harness-belt, the more overall stretch it will allow. This unsafe forward movement can be dangerous, especially when airbags deploy. By significantly shortening harness-belt length (mounting to main hoop vs. rear compartment of vehicle) occupant torsos are securely anchored against the seats reducing this unwanted excessive forward movement.
- Rear Down Tubes feature precision cut and reinforced mounting plates that attach to rear shock towers incorporating all three shock mounting points, maximizing contact area to evenly distribute load.
- The Rear Diagonal Brace provides additional main hoop and rear shock tower triangulation and increases chassis rigidity.
- The 940-XC allows full seat base travel with standard seats, OE buckets or racing buckets and allows full use of factory seat belts. (Easily fits 6’4 inch driver in Recaro SPG XL Racing Seat).
- Bolt-In Installation does not require drilling of chassis or cutting of interior side panels common with other bars. The Bar uses vehicles existing hardware, carpet panel trimming is required at B and C Pillar. Professional installation is recommended for a factory installed look.
- Available in 5 Durable Powder Coat Finishes (at no additional charge): White, Silver, Satin Black, Speed Yellow, Guards Red or uncoated for custom color matching.
- Designed, Crafted, Tig Welded, and Powder Coated at the RSS Fabrication Center utilizing 1.50 inch DOM, CNC machined heavy duty locking tube couplers, and precision cut reinforced mounting plates.
- Patent Pending Design
You can see this product installed on cars in our project gallery: